Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default 'microsoft office access database engine cound not find the object

Did you by any chance use Windows Easy Transfer to move data from an older
PC to your current one?

I am told that in that case a corrupt Outlook Profile is created and you
have to create a new one (probably in Control Panel|Mail - it depends which
version of Windows you are using.

Another thing to try is the following:

Here's a resolution which has worked for me. I HOPE it helps in your
particular case.

Two steps:

1) Go to Tools / Email Accounts
a. Select "View or change existing directories or address
books", then Next.
b. There SHOULD be an "Outlook Address Book" type MAPI
directory there--but it's most likely missing.
If it's missing, click Add / Additional Address
Books / Outlook Address Book
c. Close and re-open Outlook.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sharonie2" wrote in message
news
In in step 3 of mail merge wizard, I selected the folder I want to use
from
the 'select contacts' box. The 'microsoft office access database engine
cound
not find the object'. Its right there - how can I get it recognised? "Show
this folder as an email address book" is selected. I'm using office 2007.
also tried starting mail merge from outlook and got the same message.