Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian

Default Numbers in footers

Can I do something like { If { Page } { Numpages } "Page {Page } of {
Numpages - 1 }" } so that the last page isn't even considered in the total
number of pages?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Change the fields in the footer from ..

Page { Page } of { Numpages }

( If { Page } { Numpages } "Page {Page } of { Numpages }" }

where all the braces are entered with Ctrl+F9.

Press Alt+F9 to toggle field view if you don't see the codes - and
afterwards when you're done, so you don't see them anymore.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a document with "Page x of x" in the footers. I'd like for the last
page to not have any numbers in the footer. How can I do this without
deleting all of the footer information in the entire document?