Jay Freedman

Wooster wrote:
I want to use the Microsoft 'Word' icon / graphic on a sales leaflet
for a 'Word' training course. (I'd also like the Powerpoint ,
Access, Excel icons etc) Where can I get them from?
(Word 2000 user.)

Be careful with this. Although you may find a copy of the icon in various
places, MS probably wouldn't approve of you using it on your leaflet.
According to http://www.microsoft.com/permission/copyrgt/cop-img.htm (under
"Icons"):

-----
Microsoft does not generally allow the use of our icons in advertising, in
books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items,
on-line and internet locations, in software applications, in television
programs, commercials, movies, or on video tape, as they are NOT to be used
as "artwork" or design elements.

EXCEPTIONS: Use of our icons is permissible in relation to a training manual
or documentation written for and/or about a Microsoft product. In such
cases, use of Microsoft icons must be specific to the function of the icon
within the Microsoft software, and not used as a graphical element or design
for your own purposes. Further, icons cannot be modified or altered and must
appear as they would within the Microsoft software.

In addition, Software developers (ISV's) may be allowed to use icons
specifically provided in Microsoft Software Development Kits (SDK's) and
certain other programming tools and applications, (like Visual Basic or
Visual C++), provided the use of icons is specifically covered in the
Microsoft End User License Agreement (EULA). Please carefully review your
EULA and other product documentation to determine your rights to use
Microsoft icons.
-----

--
Regards,