Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

Default How do I make figure numbers sequence correctly on a page?

If you are inserting the figure numbering by inserting a caption and you are
using Word 2003, you can simply move the text box containing the figure
number to where you would like it to appear. So, if Figure 2 shows up
underneath figure 1, but you'd really like it to be on the side of figure 1,
select the text box and move it. Then edit the field code to preserve
formatting during updates.

"Karl" wrote:

My figure numbering changes my input to sequence from bottom to top and right
to left (rather than the expected sequence) when multiple images or text
boxes are on a single page. How do I get this to function correctly?