Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default spell check not working

"Detect language automatically" is notoriously unreliable; we advise
clearing that check box by default. If you clear the check box, select the
correct language, and then click Default..., that should do the trick, but
see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"truffels" wrote in message
my spell checker on my new pc will not work automatically.

I have to highlight my text, go to tools, language, set language, select
English UK from the list and untick 'detect language automatically'

otherwise
it won't work. Everytime I go back to it it seems to have selected Welsh

from
the list.

Is there a way of setting this without going through all of these options?