Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
truffels

Default spell check not working

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for that, although it works it only works in that particular
document. Every time I open a new doc Im right at the beginning again and it
doesn't seem to save the settings. The check box's are still clear but it has
selected Welsh as the language and I then have to select English as the
default and have highlighted the text in the document for it to commence the
spell check.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Victoria

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Detect language automatically" is notoriously unreliable; we advise
clearing that check box by default. If you clear the check box, select the
correct language, and then click Default..., that should do the trick, but
see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"truffels" wrote in message
my spell checker on my new pc will not work automatically.

I have to highlight my text, go to tools, language, set language, select
English UK from the list and untick 'detect language automatically'

otherwise
it won't work. Everytime I go back to it it seems to have selected Welsh

from
the list.

Is there a way of setting this without going through all of these options?