Lisa

I called the "duplicate copy" a Word Work File because that is the name that
is given to it in the folder that also saves the updated word document. I am
assuming that it is a temporary file, but it isn't actiing as such because it
is still there after I close word and after the network has had days to
refresh itself.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

What is a Word Work file? Are you talking about a temporary file? Is it
still there after you close Word and the network has had a few minutes to
refresh itself?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lisa" wrote in message
After making changes to a document and then saving the document (File

Save)
to a folder that is on a network, a Word Work file is created. The Word

Work
file does not automatically disappear after I quit Word. When I go back

the folder on the network to access the saved document, the document is

there
and so is the Word Work file. Is there a way to make sure that the Word

Work
files are not created when saving documents?