Jay Freedman

Mark wrote:
I too believe I am having a similar issue. I would like to save a
file with the track changes still within the document, but not
visible to others that I send the file too. I have turned off the
"Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" in the
options/security box. I then turned off all of the boxes in the
"Show" dropdown. I saved the file. I then reopen it and all of the
boxes in the "Show drop down are back on and the comments and changes
are visible again. Is this normal or should this process actually
make the changes invisible within the document? I understand that I
can save a file after I accept all changes, but I prefer that I did
not have to duplicate the document. If this process is supposed to
work, is there a problem with the program? Thank you for any response
to this issue.

Hi Mark,

There is no problem with the program. It's working as designed.

If you want to keep the markup for yourself, but you don't want others to
see it, then you *must* make a copy of the document and accept all changes
in that copy before sending it out. There is no way to send a document
containing hidden changes that can't be displayed.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman