Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default how to bold a line in mail merge labels

In the mail merge main document, press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of
the field codes and if there is a \mergeformat switch at the end of the
company name merge field, remove it and replace it (or add, if it is not
there) a \charformat switch, and then apply bold formatting to the M of
Mergefield. Use Alt+F9 again to toggle off the display of the field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"toconnor" wrote in message
using an excel spreadsheet I have the company name field bolded but when I
create my labels the bold doesn't happen. i have office 2000