Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2007 is "More intuitive??"

Are you telling me that Print Preview was not on the Standard menu in Word
2003 by default? I guess my installation must have inherited the setting
from either a previous version or an earlier customization. It was certainly
on the Word 97 toolbar in an old screen shot I have, and I don't think I
added it there.

I don't know that it's any faster (fewer clicks), but perhaps it's more
"discoverable," that you can add Print Preview in Word 2003 by clicking the
arrow at the end of the Standard toolbar (if you can find it with Standard
and Formatting sharing a row), choosing Add or Remove Buttons and then
Standard (which has always seemed to me an unnecessary extra step) and then
clicking on Print Preview.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Suzanne,

===========
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[snip]
I agree that making Print Preview so hard to get to was a step
backward.[snip]
========

Ahhh, how quickly we forget.

Word 2003 out of the box (hold ctrl key to access 'wayback' machine g)

File=expand[menus]=Print Preview

Word 2007 out of the box
Office Button=Print=Print Preview

(i.e. the default was 3 clicks, or 2 clicks and one hover in each g)

Steps to add Print Preview to toolbar in Word 2003
Tools=Customize= then with that dialog open
File=expand=drag print preview, close Customize dialog

Steps to add Print Preview to Quick Access Toolbar in Word 2007
Office Button=Print
then right click Print Preview, choose 'Add to Quick Access Toolbar'

[Imagine how much 'fun' it is to have that 'Expand' menu as the 'locked
down' default every day on every Office 2003 app at work
g]

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP