Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Conditional formatting? Space before @ top of page

Space Before is always suppressed at the top of a page (and Space After at
the bottom) except after a manual page break or a section break. Nothing can
be done about the section breaks except manually removing the space, but
there is a Compatibility Option to "Suppress Space Before after a hard page
or column break."

"Trey Shaffer" wrote in message
I think I know the answer to this, but just want to make sure...

Word Version 2003/SP2.

I am familiar with the Paragraph formatting dialog, in particular the

Space
Before and Space After settings.

What I would like is a way to eliminate "Space Before" for the first
paragraph on every page. This is particularly an issue for headings where

tend to use larger Space Before values.

I'm not sure exactly how the "Auto" setting in the spacing parameter

works,
but it still inserts spacing at the top of the page.

This could be a "wish list" item for a later version.

Perhaps there is a VBA script to do this? To be truly useful, it would

have
to restore the Space Before value to a paragraph if it was removed once,
being at the top of a page, and later reformatted away from the top of

page.

Your thoughts appreciated

--
Trey Shaffer