Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I insert another table of contents but just for appendices

If you have used a different style for the appendix headings, you can create
a TOC based on just that style. If the style used for headings is the same
as that used in the rest of the document, then you'll need to create a TOC
based on a bookmark. See the section "A partial table of contents" in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

"Craig Ward" wrote in message
Yep, that works, but I want the 2nd TOC to only display the headers from

the
insertion point onwards. To summarise: I've a TOC at the start of the
document, and now I want a 2nd TOC on the first page of the appendix,

which
lists the appendix headers.

"Belinda Esterhuyse" wrote:

Hi Craig,

I am working in 2000 and yes you can insert a 2nd TOC. Menu path
Insert/Insert/Index and Tables/Table of contents tab/Options/Select or
deselect options/Word will prompt you and ask if you want to replace

TOC. Say
no. It will insert 2nd Toc.

Cheers Belinda Esterhuyse

"Craig Ward" wrote:

Is it possible to insert a second TOC within a document but just for
appendices? Whenever I try I always get the whole TOC not just the

sections
after the insertion point.