dixie

Thanks Doug that does look promising. I followed the instructions however
and created a global template with that code in it and now, when I go to the
first document in the folder I wish to do the universal substitution in and
select the macro, I just get an error message that says "Compile error in
hidden module: ThisDocument". I have read the help, but it does not! Have
you any ideas?

dixie

The macro in the article “Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the
same folder” at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

could be modified to do what you want.
--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"dixie" wrote in message
I am doing a job where I need to copy a letter header into each of about

100
letters which are mailmerge template documents for about 20 different
customers - all up about 2000 copy and pastes requiring opening each
document and deleting the current header and pasting the new one. I have
tried to use IncludeText to do this and having the header in a file, but

it
appears that the client must open each letter and refresh the link before
they can get the header in the letter.

Is there a way of doing what I am trying to do without me doing this
mindless copy and paste operation which takes about 1 hour for each
client
and is totally boring and therefore prone to me making mistakes.

Can a simple little program be written that will take a lump of text out

of
one document and just paste it into a series of documents or just paste

the
contents of the clipboard into the top of a document?

Any suggestions please.

dixie