Stefan Blom

Select the words that appear to be double-spaced, and on the Format
menu, click Paragraph. Verify that Line Spacing is actually set to
"Single", and that Spacing Before and After are both set to zero.
Click OK.

Also, click Page Setup on the File menu. Click the Layout tab. Make
sure Vertical Alignment is set to "Top". Click OK.

Do either of these suggestions solve the problem?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beaner_Teach" wrote in
message ...
I am making a list of words (spelling test). Once I insert a column

break,
the new column of words automatically double spaces. I can't seem to

find the
fix in the knowledge base or help topics in Word.