Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charlie charlie is offline

Default How to ristrict form but allow filling forms?

Okay, I just found out what the problem is. Word 2007 form developing tools
is full of CRAP! Yes, I said crap. Because there is no tools for creating a
radio button or checkbox in version 2007 version, I have to use the legacy
tools (which is still available). However, because I mixed the two sets of
form tools to create my form when I restrict the document and allow only
"Filling in forms", it does not work. Yes, it does NOT WORK. I had to figure
this out myself. Another word, I can't mix the two versions (Word 2003 legacy
tools and Word 2007 tools) in a form and restrict the document. The problem
with this aproach is that the tools in Word 2007 does not have radio button
or check box control and the legacy tools from Word 2003 does not have date
picker. It's a lose lose situation here. So that's why I said Word 2007 form
development feature is CRAP!

"Charlie" wrote:

So I guess no one has a clue on how to accomplish this then. It's a shame
that Word 2007 is full of hype but I guess I'll still need Adobe Acrobat for
creating my forms.

"Charlie" wrote:

I've created a form with some Rich Text field. When I protect the document
with allow for "Filling in forms", Word does not allow me to fill in the form
when I click on the Rich Text field. What's going on? It's so frustrating.