Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Default change the AUTO TEXT selections in the HEADER-FOOTER toolbar

If you are in the footer, type some text that you want to use as AutoText.
Select that text and press Alt+F3 to create a new autotext entry. Let's
name is Ljautotext. Now Ljautotext will appear as an autotext entry in the
Autotext menu on the header footer toolbar.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

LJ wrote:
Thank you both for trying. Sadly I don't quite follow enough to make
the change. I have been in 'footer' but to add a new auto text I seem
to need to be out of footer and back in "insert auto text". From
there I don't see how to change which ones show up in the "header
footer" auto text mini list.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The AutoText entries shown on the Header and Footer toolbar are
those that were created in the Header or Footer style. If you create
the AutoText entry when you're in a header or footer, you'll be in
that style; otherwise, you'll have to apply it manually before
creating the AutoText entry.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"LJ" wrote in message
I have new AUTO TEXT that I want to easily select when I make a new
footer. The current header- footer toolbar has the usual selections
(created on, filename etc). I have created the new auto text in the
regular auto text area of word (insert auto text add) but don't
know how to make it appear as one of the choices in the footer
toolbar.
thanks
LJ