Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JIMPAP JIMPAP is offline

Default Formating issue

Your thought is right. I thought about it after in retrospect.
Anyway, i just needed to know also this info.

Ο χρήστης "Peter T. Daniels" *γγραψε:

And the reason you need to do it that way (either by toggling off the
format, or clearing all formatting) is, How would Word know when you
want to leave off the superscripting? (It's just like italic, bold,
underline, etc.)

On Mar 24, 3:17 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
To clarify the first sentence of my previous post: Ctrl+SpaceBar *clears*
direct formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

You can press Ctrl+SpaceBar (or Ctrl+Shift+Z) to direct font formatting
applied at the insertion point. Note, however, that the command clears
*any* font formatting not in the underlying paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JIMPAP" wrote in message
The problem i am facing has to do generally with formatting but in order
for
you ti understand it better i will use a specific example.

Let's say that i want to convert a character(number or letter) in
superscript.
The problem is that after i make this conversion through the font menu,
this
formatting remains and does not return in the previous non-superscript
state-after i press space and the cursor proceeds.

Is there a way that this formatting ceases to apply after i move the
cursor?
Is it necessary every time that-after i finish formatting the character i
want- i must go and uncheck the superscript option?

Can that be done automatically?-

.