Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dusty

Default Table of Contents -- All page numbers appear as "1"

I created a table of contents. I updated it several times and the entries
and corresponding page numbers were correct, however, when I sent the
document to my boss and he updated the Table of Contents, all the page
numbers for all the entries showed up as "1. I then sent the document to a
coworker. When she updated it, the page numbers generated correctly, but on
my bosss computer, the page numbers for all the entries were still showing
up as "1" instead of the actual page number. He then forwarded his copy to a
colleague and when this person updated it, the page numbers now all showed up
as 2. He sent the document back to me, but the page numbers updated
correctly on my computer. Does anyone know what's causing the numbers to
show correctly on one persons computer but incorrectly on someone elses?
He then opened the document several days later and the page numbers updated
correctly. I am totally befuddled. We finally had to send it to the client
as a PDF file instead of a Word document because we couldnt trust it. We
are all using Word 2003 and Windows XP. Thanks very much.