CyberTaz

I don't think you are exaggerating a bit... and 2003 appears to have carried
on the tradition!

Regards |:)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Type something in it? I think you'll have to use the message space to better
describe what you're doing, what you expect to happen, and what is happening
instead.

Ah, wait. I think I know what the problem is. You created a footer, deleted
all the content, but still have an empty paragraph. That's a gotcha in Word
2002. If you ever so much as View | Header and Footer in that app (perhaps I
exaggerate somewhat), you get stuck with an undeletable footer paragraph.
The only solution is to start over with a fresh document or reduce the
footer margin to 0".