Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AngieJ

Default How do I apply AutoCorrect to my whole document?

Thank you for your response
I would love to show you my formatt is there anyway I can do that?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Plain-text Autocorrects are language dependent. Is it possible that
alternate lines in your document(s) have different languages set? Sounds a
bit far fetched, I know, but I'm not quite sure what your documents are like
and if they are preformatted maybe some apparently insignificant difference
got copied and pasted a lot.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"AngieJ" wrote in message
Thank You Greg for responding
I work for inspectors to a refinery. The inspectors give me there

checklist
with a code and here is an example: 1.1 may mean "paint damage on plugs"

&
1.0 may mean "inspect paint damage" I have alot of those. Not all my
documents are the same but I do use the same info. That is the reason for

the
autocorrect. It does work and it makes my job go alot faster when I don't
have to type the entire sentences, you know. But what works on one line
doesn't work on the second line. What I do know is enter everything for

that
checklist onto one line and then I drag it to its proper place. It is time
consuming. Do you have ANY suggestions?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

I don't AutoCorrect is what you are needing. It sounds like you need to

use
REF fields in all the place you what 'like' data repeated. See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

AngieJ wrote:
I have document with a lot of lines and I have to enter the same
information into each line. First thing I did was enter over 100
entries into auto correct, it will work on the first line but not on
the second, it will work on the third but not the fourth. so on and
so on. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Please help I am stuck
and it is hard to do the autocorrect in one line and drag everything
else. So back to my question how do apply this to my whole document?
Thanks