Graham Mayor

Default attach PDF files to word documents

Ah. The fog clears. I don't have Reader 7 and because of all the problems
with Acrobat 7 I have retained Acrobat 6. Thanks for clarifying.

Jay Freedman wrote:
It surprised me, too, when I tried it before posting. What I've since
learned is that the one-page display is a new trick provided by Adobe
Reader 7.0. Also, clicking that display opens the complete PDF
document in a separate Reader window.

I don't have full Acrobat -- never have -- so I don't know whether it
provides the same service. This is the free Reader.

Hmmm. *all* PDF files inserted as objects here are displayed as
icons, whether or not the icon box is checked. Am I missing
something?

Jay Freedman wrote:
hmunsell wrote:
i have a user that would like to attach a PDF to his word document
as a comment. any ideas?

Use the menu item Insert Object. Click the From File tab. Browse
to the PDF file and select it.

If the PDF file is only one page or less, you can insert it as is.
If it's more than one page, only the first page will appear --
that's a limitation of the way Word handles "objects". In that
case, check the box for "Display as icon"; it will insert a PDF
icon that you can double-click to open the PDF in Acrobat Reader.