Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default files are being saved to a folder I didnt' create, why?

What is the path for "Word documents" on the File Locations tab of Tools |
Options? That will be the default save folder for *new* documents. The
default folder for existing documents, however (when you use Save As), is
the folder where the open document is stored. If you have opened a document
from an email attachment, this will be a temp folder; if you save the
document there, it will be deleted when you close Word, so you *must*
navigate to My Documents or some other folder. If you open a file from a
removable disk (which you shouldn't do), then Word will default to saving
there.

"lisa" wrote in message
the defaul (active) folder is "my documents" however, when I go to save

as,
the automatic folder that comes up is a folder I never created and is

listed
as a"briefcase" type. I am also then not able to always find this folder
unless I go to "my recent documents" when I go to open. can someone

explain
what this folder is, because other things are in here and I don't know if

can delete the entire folder