Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default files are being saved to a folder I didnt' create, why?

Unless you explicitly delete files (by pressing Shift+Delete) or tell
Windows to skip it, they go to the Recycle Bin. Deleted emails go to the
Delete Items folder unless you press Shift while deleting. The folder you
describe may be something created by a document management application.

"Dee" wrote in message
I am having a similar problem
when i trash email it goes into a folder that is saved on my computer ( i
did not designate this to happen)
i recently found this folder by accident and it had 2 yrs worth of deleted
emails of over 1.6 GB...no wonder my computer is running so slow
the problem is...i am not sure if the folder contains only email...it

wount
let me open the files ( does not know what program to use)
i would like to just ppurge the entire folder
the folder is marks db
any suggestions?
Dee from NJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the path for "Word documents" on the File Locations tab of Tools

Options? That will be the default save folder for *new* documents. The
default folder for existing documents, however (when you use Save As),

is
the folder where the open document is stored. If you have opened a

document
from an email attachment, this will be a temp folder; if you save the
document there, it will be deleted when you close Word, so you *must*
navigate to My Documents or some other folder. If you open a file from a
removable disk (which you shouldn't do), then Word will default to

saving
there.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lisa" wrote in message
the defaul (active) folder is "my documents" however, when I go to

save
as,
the automatic folder that comes up is a folder I never created and is

listed
as a"briefcase" type. I am also then not able to always find this

folder
unless I go to "my recent documents" when I go to open. can someone

explain
what this folder is, because other things are in here and I don't know

if
can delete the entire folder