Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

Default Mail Merge / excel

Great! I will try that.

Thank you BOTH for your help.

Have a great evening!

--
Thanks, Pat

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Try { ={ MERGEFIELD "my field name" }*100 \#"0.0%" }

where you insert each pair of the special field braces {} using ctrl-F9

You only need the "," if you want a thousands separator, e.g. where the
value is 1234.5% and you want 1,234.5%

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Pat wrote:
HI! I am trying to format to a % and it is not coming in correctly.
I searched and found this message.

My answer in Excel is 121.9%; however it is merging into my word doc as 1.22%

This is what my field reads: {MERGEFIELD "my field name" * 100 \# ",0.0%"}

I see that you are recommending adding an additional field bracket, however
when I enter as suggested below, I receive this !Syntax Error, {

How do I add additional brackets? Or better yet, how do I make this work
so that my answer in word is 121.9%