Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default If "Yes" then "Yes or round as percentage

Hi John,

You could probably do this with a compund field coded as:
{IF{MERGEFIELD Target}= "" "N/A" {IF{={MERGEFIELD Target}}= {MERGEFIELD Target} {={MERGEFIELD Target}*100 \# ",0%"} {MERGEFIELD
Target}}}

Alternatively, by using 5 copies of your «Target» mergefield, you could use:

In both cases, be careful to preserve the indicated spacing.

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.
--
Cheers
macropod

"John" wrote in message news
I am trying to import data from Excel into a Word document via mail merge.
All data in Excel is derived via a formula. One field Target is giving
me trouble because is may be a percentage e.g.98.5%, a Yes/No. or Null. I
have tried If Then and nothing seems to work to get the results I need.

If the value is Yes, then I need it to state Yes, If it is a percentage, I
need it to format as a percent and round to the 1st decimal. If it is null,
I need it to state "N/A"

Incidentally, I do not understand the merge switch concept and why it seems
to toggle between three states, then two. Resources for this would be
appreciated as well.

Thanks
--
qwerty