jeanne

Default page numbering

I have Word 2003.
There are 80 pages in my pamphlet. Some are single column, most are 2 columns.
I have repeatedly gone to header (that is where i want pagination to be) and
started the numbering but due to the constant changing formats of "section
break, continuous, or page break every so many pages along, the numbers all
keep changing.
I would like to sove this by manually putting page numbers on the top of
each page, but the 2 columns on each page prevent my inserting into the
middle. So how do i completely turn off the header footer territory so i can
just type the page numbers in peace? It is as if the header wont allow anyone
into its space; it keeps appearing if i try to type a page number, and
changes all my efforts everytime it comes to a page that changes from 2 to
one column.
Thank you.
Jeannie

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

hatom525 wrote:
Word 2002

In a previously created document, the footer page numbering defaults
to (0) zero whether I format the beginning number to (2) two or (99)
ninety-nine. The first page footer is different and the remaining
document is (1) section. Any ideas why and how to correct??

See if this is the problem:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm

--
Regards,