Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
123.littlestar 123.littlestar is offline

Default Removing Blank Spaces in Merges

I have about 10 merged fields (not all containing data) but I need the
sentence to end with a period. If I use the If..Else function then I get
about 8 periods at the end of my sentence for each blank field. If I place
the period oustide the the function of the 10th merged field then I get about
8 spaces before the period.

The formula I'm using is:
{MERGEFILED "Prize1"} ({MERGEFIELD 'Ticket1"\#000000}){IF {MERGEFIELD
PRIZE2} '' ";" "."}

This goes on for about 10 repetitions with different Prize Field numbers.

Any insight would be appreicated.