Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Automatic Field Updates no longer working

Use Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"KatieM" wrote in message
Since the most recent suite of updates I've noticed that fields which were
previously automatically updating are no longer working. So date fields -
and probably more concerning - Table of Contents are no longer working.

If I try to insert a Table of Contents - or even if I go and view a
document
that previously had a working Table of Contents - instead of seeing the
Table
of Contents I see something like the following: { TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u }

How can I get back to being able to see content instead of this?

Thanks