Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word cannot open .dbf source data for mail merge

Are you getting automatic updates from Microsoft? I wonder if this is the
consequence of one of those.

Which version of Word? What is creating the .dbfs (is it FoxPro, or
something else?)

Do you have Access, and if so, can you successfully create linked tables to
the .dbf files? If so, you shoulf be able to use the linked table as a data
source in Word and that may be the best way to go in future.

Peter Jamieson
"hjcoombs" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mail merge but Word says it cannot open my .dbf data
source file despite having used this same file previously. Also in
existing
mail merge documents linked to the same .dbf file it will not
update/refresh
mail merge with new data added to database, stuck with data as it was when
original document was created (one year ago) so now completely useless.