Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Protecting Documents (Making Them Read-Only)

PrimoPDF is frequently recommended.

"Magz" wrote in message

DeanH;362447 Wrote:
Have you considered PDFing the Word document, this will at the lowest
level make edits harder, there are free convertors on the WWW you could
try but I am not sure of any further levels of protection these packages
have, in the Adobe version you can add further protection, such as
disallowing printing, etc.

Hmmm, I thought about PDFing the Word document, but I wasn't sure how I
could go about this, without having to print it, and scan it as a PDF.
If you know of any free converters I can download, that would allow me
to easily convert a Word document into PDF, I am all ears (or eyes,
since I'm reading this!)

Thanks!

--
Magz