Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default TOC Formating - TOC Styles aren't actually changing the font

It sounds like you are doing everything right to modify the TOC styles, I
tend to modify them from the Styles and Formatting pane instead of the TOC
dialog - you don't get the "do you want to replace the TOC" question ;-)

What I think is happening is that the Headings, that the TOC is collecting,
have manual formatting applied to them, the TOC will show this manual
formatting instead of the TOC styles.

I would check the Headings themselves, and correct the appropriate Heading
styles to show what format you want at the sections, you can use
Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any manual formatting quickly. Ensure you select the
paragraph mark as well as the text, as this marker holds its own formatting
as well, to show these use Ctrl+Shft+8 or the ΒΆ icon (on the Home ribbon or
the Standard toolbar) to toggle.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"c j" wrote:

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to change the font of my automatic TOC. I have modified the TOC styles (TOC1, TOC2, TOC3, etc.)--but everything I modify actually changes except the font.

I've tried changing the font in the TOC dialog box and by going through the styles. Also, I have set the styles to be based on nothing; however, they are remaining in the font of my body instead of my headings.

The TOC style descriptions read: "font: (default) Book Antiqua". Does the "default" mean something?

Join Lists with LINQ - SharePoint 2010
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-linq--sh.aspx
.