Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
C. Van Dam C. Van Dam is offline

Default How do you import an Excel table into Word without losing format?

I'm trying to import Excel spreadsheets into Word (as tables), but no matter
how I do it (I've tried copy/paste, as well as insert file), the formatting
applied in the Excel spreadsheet is scrambled when the data is pulled into
the Word table.

I've searched the help files, and have followed the directions step by step
to no avail. If anyone can suggest a way to pull this data into Word without
requiring massive formatting fixes afterwards, it would be much appreciated.
The tables end up so screwed up in the Word document that it's easier to
retype the entire table than it is to fix the formatting.

Thanks in advance for any help!