Did you read the articles carefully? When you create the AddressLayout
AutoText entry, it defines the format of the address that is inserted when
you use the Address Book in the Envelopes and Labels dialog. You must use
the braces (which are not field delimiters, just ordinary braces) exactly as
illustrated in the article.

"Lorena B" wrote in message
Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I didn't realize this form of
addressing was even available. To clarify, I am going through the "Tools",
"Letters and Mailings", "Envelopes and Labels" options to address an
envelope. Word or Outlooks keeps inserting the country into the address
format. I tried the suggested fix and the next time I used "Letters and
Mailings" to address an envelope the dialogue window displayed all the
AddressLayout CODE I had entered rather than any address at all. I went

ahead
and selected an address from my Outlook list and the window then displayed

my
selected address STILL WITH THE COUNTRY INSERTED. I am still hopeful of a
fix. And thank-you for your effort.
Lorena

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "HOW TO: Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry in Word 2000" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345. There are similar articles

for
Word 95 and Word 97 but not, it seems, for Word 2002 or 2003.

Unfortunately, also see "WD2002: Insert Address Button Does Not Use
AddressLayout AutoText Entry" at

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292127

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lorena B" Lorena wrote in message
I have office pro 2002. When I use Word to address an envelope by

selecting
an address from my Outlook list, one of the programs automatically

inserts
the country into the address. How do I turn this feature off? I did

not
add
any countries to my addresses when entering addresses in my list. But

the
program is adding United States of America to everything.