Greg Maxey

Default Word's word count feature should be able to count sentences also

Look at readability statistics. ToolsOptionsSpelling and Grammar and
check Show readability statistics. Consider the following:

Did Mr. Smith go to Washington? I don't know Mrs. Jones; you will have to
ask Mr. Smith.

ToolsSpelling and Grammar.

Words: 18
Characters: 71
Paragraphs: 1
Sentences: 2

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Does it? Word Count counts pages, words, characters (with and without
spaces), paragraphs, and lines, but not sentences. But if Word tried
count sentences, most users would not be satisfied because it would
have to
count anything ending in a period as a sentence, which is what it
does when
you use Ctrl+click to select a sentence, and this includes the
periods after
abbreviations.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in
message
This feature already exists within Word, so there is no need for
you to suggest it to Microsoft.

Connor wrote:

When i do my weekly composition for seventh grade it has to be a
minimum

of
fifteen sentences. If the word count feature could count sentences
as

well, I
would not have to do it manually.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the

"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.