Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Default place holders in templates

Jeremy,
Maybe you can use a macrobutton field. See this excellent article:
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Look for the section "Use Macrobutton field without a macro"

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

I tried inserting a field of type fill-in, but that actually prompts the
user with a dialog box. I've seen elsewhere where the field appears with
a grey background and text something like [Text here]. The user can
select the field and put there value in it, and when printed the entered
text prints correctly (no grey background). How do I do this?

As well, is it possible to enter instructional text below the field, and
have that text only show when the user edits the document (not when the
print)?