Does your AutoCorrect entry perhaps contain nonbreaking spaces?

"Cookie" wrote in message
I am using Word 97 on an XP OS. I recently lost autocorrect and other
template info, and am rebuilding.

I have styles for instruction steps in my documents. To number the steps,

insert a numbering sequence field, to avoid the numbering problems that

occur
when using the number fomats.
The field for the first step contains the \r 1 switch to get the 1. value.
Subsequent steps have the \n switch to get the 2., 3., etc values. I

created
autocorrect entries for these fields because I use them a lot.

I key the autocorrect, press tab to indent the paragraph and type the
instruction. When the paragraph wraps to the second line, it drops down

about
1 font height. Now my para's look like this
1.
Here is the first instruction....................
.........wrapped line of instrucion

instead of like this

1. Here is the first instruction.....................
.........wrapped line of instrucion

The paragraph line only drops when it starts to wrap to the next line.

This
did not happen when I used this method before.

I really need help with this. I am the only tech writer in the company,

and
I always have more work than time to do it in.

--
Thanks for the help,

Lorna