Anne Troy

Word is terrible for this because they don't tell anyone that when you alter
numbered list formatting YOU MUST DO SO THROUGH THE BULLETS AND NUMBERING
dialog and NOT through paragraph formatting. Remember this, and you'll stay
out of trouble. Here's some more you should read:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/h...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"LukePW" wrote in message
Hi,

In a DOC, I have these numbered list. My first list uses a numbered list
(say from 1 to 6). I then have some normal text that follows and then
another numbered list. The 2nd list I want should be numbered also from 1
6 or 7. ? Word Automatically starts this list at 7. I then go to the
first
number and click re-start numbering. It does that but indents to the left
the first number.......!!!!!!! I then go and take the brush icon to copy
the
style of the first list to modify the style (which it does) but then the
first number goes back to 7 ! MAd MAD MAD! Word is terrible for this!

My numbered style is not set to automatically update...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

L.