Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Frederic Houbie Frederic Houbie is offline

Default Impossible to make reference to a Table

Hi Stefan,

I found the problem. in the captions of the tables, I had "SEQ Table"
field, and it seems my word version is looking for "SEQ Tableau" for
Cross references..... Which means that Word is not managing References
in the same way, depending on the language of your Word version I
suppose ... Very strange.

Thanks for your help.

Frédéric

On Dec 15, 2:35*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
In the Cross-reference dialog box, you can only make use of the "Table"
category if you inserted table captions via the Caption dialog box.

If you have been using auto numbering (as it appears), create your
cross-references via the "Numbered item" category instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Frederic Houbie" wrote in message

Hello,

I've received a Word document that contain several tables. These
tables have a legend with auto numbering. At the beginning of the
document, I *have a List of Tables, which is correct, with all the
tables and that I can update. But when I try to put somewhere in the
text a reference to a table using the Cross-Reference function, when I
click on Insert Cross Reference and I select Table in the combo box,
the list is empty. So I cannot make any reference to a table. I've
tried to do a Ctrl-A - F9 to update everything, but no change.

Could someone help me ?

Regards,

Frédéric