View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  

Default Can no longer save a file as .docx

Hi guys, just found these forums and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've been using MS Word 2010 for work and just today was working on a document that crashed Word while I was in the middle of putting it together. I ended up having to stop the process through task manager, re-open Word, and recover the files.

I then attempted to save the recovered file as a .docx and Word then started getting weird. I would choose to save it as a .docx and instead of doing so, the program simply opened up the Save As... dialog box again. I attempted it again and the same thing happened. It looked like it was stuck in an endless loop of some kind.

So I decided to save it as a .doc (Word 97-2003) format and it saved just fine. I then converted it back to Word 2010 and attempted to save it and it did the same thing again.

I also attempted just to create a new document and paste the contents of this doc in and save it as a new .docx, but all I see is the same behavior.

I am not having any problem creating new documents and saving them in .docx format, btw. Just this document and apparently its contents are the problem, but I can't figure out what to do.

I am attempting to Repair office at this point through Windows, but I am wondering, is this something wrong with what I'm doing, or has Word itself become corrupted or broken? I need help fast!