R. Choate

I had already checked those settings and they were already set as you suggested.
--
RMC,CPA

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message ...
In Tools Options View, clear the checkbox for "Picture placeholders".
Further down in the same dialog, make sure "Drawings" is checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

R. Choate wrote:
When I paste pictures of any kind into Word, it only shows me a
border that indicates the size of the picture, not the pic itself.
When I move the cursor away from the newly pasted invisible picture,
the border also becomes invisible. I've had this copy of Word for a
long time (version XP) and it did not used to do this. I can't find
any settings which would affect this. How can I fix this?

PS: The pictures do show up in Excel or any other Office app, just
not in Word.

Thanks in advance. If I have posted to the wrong group, please accept
my apology.