Graham Mayor

Are you sure you have your versions correct here? Word 2002 is the Word
component (Word 10) of Office XP. Office 2003 is the current version (Word
11).

Dave wrote:
Hello,
I am in the process of upgrading a client's office by ordering new
PC's. Most users only need MS Word with a few needing MS Office XP
Pro. I would like to save them some $$$ by ordering only what they
need. They use a MS Access developed application that uses MS Word
for the custom documents. The data for the custom documents is pulled
from the MS Access application database using mail merge. Can I use
MS Word 2002 on some PC's and MS Office XP Pro on other PC's and
still be able to share the custom documents of this application or
will using MS Office XP Pro save the document in a format that MS
Word 2002 will not be able to use?

Thanks for any help.
Dave