Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rgille rgille is offline

Default Word 2007 bugs - how to notify Microsoft?

Thanks for the suggestion. We had already thought of something similar. But
ultimately we shouldn't have to come up with this type of workaround. Word
should work correctly!

"Aeneas" wrote:

I'm sure someone can answer your question re where to report bugs, which this
certainly appears to be.

In the interim, simply replace all instances of the compound name with the
non-breaking hyphen with something like zzz or xxx (lowercase), run spell
check and whenever you need to reinsert the compound, use the Replace command
(find xxx or zzz) and replace with the compound name (with ^~ between the two
parts of the compound name).

"rgille" wrote:

Hi - Is there any way (email address or website) to report Word 2007 bugs to
Micosoft? For example, in Word 2007, if you use a nonbreaking hyphen to join
two words, the new combined word is flagged as misspelled (which is fine),
but then you cannot "Ignore All" instances of the combined word when doing a
spell-check. Wen doing a spell-check, you must ignore each individual
instance of the combined word throughout the document. As you can imagine,
if you have a proper name that includes a nonbreaking hyphen on every page of
a 200 page contract, individually ignoring each instance of the combined word
during spell-check can get very annoying very quickly. Thanks for any