Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKG

Default Custom toolbar - buttons being deleted

This is an odd one. We have a user who has created a separate toolbar which
is saved in her normal.dot. When she closes/reopens Word, it's still there.
But if she logs off, that's when the problems start.

The odd thing is that after logging back in and launching Word, while Word
is still loading you can see the INTACT toolbar - but the buttons disappear
as you watch!

The user does have the full version of Adobe installed - but we're aware of
the problems with that. Besides, the fact that the toolbar remains after
closing/reopening would indicate that that's not the issue.

I do have a few things I plan to check into - bad data key, corrupt normal,
suppressing startup macros/templates, perhaps even upgrading adobe - but I'm
a pessimist, and I want to have some ideas on tap if all of the above fail.

So if you have any ideas what could be causing this, outside of anything
I've mentioned, or if you know that it's one of the items I mentioned, please
let me know!