kscott25

Default Index field codes appear even when Hidden Text is turned off

Hello everyone. When I open my manual (created in Word 2003), the Index field
codes appear. I then select Options from the Tools menu and uncheck Hidden
Text. My Index field codes disappear, and I save and close the document.
However, when I reopen the document, the Index field codes appear once again,
and I see that Hidden Text is check. It's as if I never made and saved
changes. This is very frustrating since I have to explain to my reviewers
that this is a problem that I cannot resolve. Has anyone come across this
problem? If so, please provide any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your
help.
Karl