Linda

Sorry, I was trying to make it clear that I wasn't working with a normal new
Word document (by clicking on the toolbar) - it is a new document based on a
template.

"Jezebel" wrote:

First, just to be clear: when you say 'into a new template' do you really
mean a new *template* or a new *document* based on the template?

When you do the paste, do you see what you pasted?

"Linda" wrote in message
When I copy from 1 document into a new template and then save my new
document, it is blank when I open it back up. Has anyone else heard of

this
and if so do you know of a fix? Below are the steps I use:
1. Copy - I go to Edit--Select All--Copy (Ctl-C)
2. Open new template--Paste (Ctl-V)
3. Alt+C to close my document, which prompts me to save as.
4. Type in name of document.
5. Re-open the document I have just saved -- it is blank.

Thanks for any help.