Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GeorgeC

Default How do I force a section start on an odd page?

Thankyou, this answered the initial question. I discovered the page setup was
set to start a section on an even page. Why this only affected a couple of
the sections, I do not know. However this I have now fixed and I have another
problem. I am including two sub documents in a master document. All three
(master and two subs) are based on the same document template. In the page
setup for all three, the paper size is the same and sections should all start
on an odd page. In the second sub document, the last section starts with a
break (odd page) but when included in the master this section displays with a
break (continuous). Any ideas?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I can't explain why the type of section break changes as you insert
it, but it has been reported in other threads. A situation where Word
(or perhaps the printer driver) would "logically" change the type of
section break is when two different sections use different paper
formats; otherwise, the back and front of a page could have different
paper formats. Of course, in such a case it would force an odd page,
not an even page break.

Does Word allow you to change the "Section start" option on the Layout
tab of FilePage Setup -- after you've inserted the new section?

The behavior when deleting breaks can certainly be confusing. Part of
the difficulty is that a section break stores the formatting of the
preceding section; but it displays the type (Odd, even, continuous) of
the following section. For more about deleting section breaks, see:

Working with sections
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GeorgeC" wrote in message
Selecting Insert | Break | Odd Page results in an even page break

being
inserted. Inserting a second odd break before the incorrect even one

results
in an odd break being inserted. However subsequent deleting the even

break,
results in the odd break being changed to an even break.