Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tarallen Tarallen is offline

Default First Page Footer

OK - so, then I'm guessing there's no way to get rid of it? How does
letterhead get set in a document?

Thanks!
Tara

"Carol" wrote:

Hi there,

What MVPJules said is absolutely true. Open your document and click on File
| Page Setup | and check Different first page and Ok. You will then see that
the footer does indeed have the company address. It looks like the first
page header and footer is your letterhead.

I used to work for ADP years ago in Baltimore!

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Tarallen" wrote:

Just sent it to you Carol - thanks.

"Carol" wrote:

Send it to
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Tarallen" wrote:

Carol - to answer your questions, yes, I did look in the header and footer
and they are the ones I intended to have there. And, yes, if I look at Normal
layout I can see there are no section breaks. Hope that helps.

"Carol" wrote:

Did you look look in the Header and Footer and How do you know there are no
section breaks? Are you using Print Layout? Could we see the document?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Tarallen" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to solve a mystery in one of my files. It does not contain
section breaks and just has one header and one footer running throughout the
guide. The first page is not set to be different.
However, when I was searching for '05' to locate a set of digits, what
turned up was something I had not put into the file - it was our company name
and address, '05' being part of the zip code, and it shows up in a section at
the bottom of the page called 'First Page Footer.' When I print the page, the
regular footer prints. I cannot find where this text is in the document. It
says first page footer but I can only find it when I search on '05.'

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tara