Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Diane Diane is offline

Default template

Jean,
I'm working with Office 2003. For example, if I have a template that has
on it, "NAME:", "ADDRESS", "CITY", etc..... I don't want my user to change
that text. I guess I could say I want "embedded text" that can no one can
change. I am working with Office 2003, but would be interested in a solution
for Office 2007 if it differs much.

Thanks,
Diane

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Diane" wrote:

Group,
I want to create a template but I do not want the text that I have inserted
in the template to be updated?? Ex.....template will have, "My name is", I
want the info static text that can never be updated - is this possible??

Yes and no...

It depends who your target users are, how the document will be used, its
purpose and the version of Office you are using.

Can you provide more details?