Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
The Blues The Blues is offline

Default Auto Mail Merge

Hi,

Thanks for that, I've added the ' .Execute', statement at the end of
the script but, unfortunately, I get the same result.

I assume it is to go at the end?

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Something to bear in mind is that the macro recorder does not record
something that will necessarily replay every step you took in Word. Some
actions in Word do not have equivalent VBA commands and they don't get
recorded.

Open the VBA editor and have a look at the macro you recorded.

I haven't checked, but the chances are that it has a lot of stuff that
a. sets up the merge type and merge data source
b. sets up the label layout and fields

Typically you don't need either (a) or (b) once you have already done it -
what you need to do is save the mail merge main document you have created -
when you re-open it, all that stuff will still be there. The merge
destination (printer or new document) can be saved in there too.

What you probably will not see in the macro is a statement like

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Execute

and that's the statment you need to add in order to get the labels to merge
(either to printer or a new document).

If you need to set the destination, set e.g.

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Destination = wdMergeToPrinter

or whatever.

Peter Jamieson

"The Blues" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Ive recorded a macro to mail merge data from excel. When the macro is
run it only gets as far as the end of step 4, and displays the
following on the labels -

It doesnt complete step 5 "Preview Labels" or step 6 "Complete the
merge"

Any ideas ??

Cheers.