Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Relative path for subdocuments.

Most of the people posting here dont know much about master documents,
because:

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

You might also check these links for potential workarounds:

Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

See the €śNumber Pages Across Files€ť section at this link:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MiscFram.htm

IncludeText Fields can partially substitute for the Master Document
feature€”for an introduction to them, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...textfields.htm

Word experts generally advise combining long documents into one file, if
possible, and you will find more information on controlling those big
files he
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
I created an main document and inserted many subdocuments.
ViewOutlineShow DocumentInsert
---
Now I have problem if I open the file (main doc) and want to open the
subdocuments, than is problem with subdocuments.
The hyperlinks are still the same - absolute and the subdocuments could be
not opened.

Exist any possibility how to prepare subdocuments with relative path?